HS2 - issues over the route...

HS2 hasn't been built yet, but already it's affecting the lives of many people along the proposed (but still not confirmed) route. The route can be viewed online.
A week or so ago now, an extension into the north was revealed, and it seems that it is going to be a change from the proposed new station at Meadowhall, but going into Sheffield itself.
This means that some new houses near Mexborough are in line to be demolished... I used to work on Mexborough Market when I was younger, on a fruit and veg stall...
The proposed route also affects the village of Wickersley where I lived for the first 18 years of my life, and a number of other places too, which will have large viaducts built through them.
The village of Great Missenden was where I first became aware of the impact of the route, and campaigners had marked on where it would cross the road. This is a story that will continue to develop for a few years yet.



Comments