I’d like to extend a warm invitation, for you and your students, to our Geography Festival: Can geography help us avert catastrophe? on .
The one day event is targeted primarily towards lower sixth students having completed their internal exams but would also be suitable for enthusiastic Y10’s.
We have a brilliant line up in what will be a discursive and engaging day designed to draw students in and develop their critical understanding of geography. Book tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/
Tickets are just £10.84!
The format of the day will include:
Opening Lectures – Where might catastrophe come from?
· Wanda Wyporska – Executive Director - The Equality Trust
· Sien van der Plank – Leverhulme Trust Doctoral Scholar – University of Southampton
Panel Discussion – How can geography help?
· David Lambert – Professor of Geography Education – UCL Institute of Education
· Carl Lee – Tutor – Working with Communities Programme – University of Sheffield
· Benjamin Hennig – Associate Professor in Geography – University of Iceland
Workshops – What can we do?
· Fuel Poverty Action
· Sew Solid Crew
· Poetry Workshop
· South Downs National Park Authority
· Population Matters
There will be a variety of stalls and other activities during the day which will culminate in Live Music from a suitably political musician.